The building of the Ulaanbaatar City Museum was built in 1914 by Mr. Tsogtbadamjav, a Buryat merchant as his own property. The building was then used as an office of the Central Committee of Mongolian People’s Party Government, Headquarters of the army and Commander D.Sukhbaatar. The Embassy soviet Tuva was located in the building after which it was converted into the museum of D.Sukhbaatar. In 1956 the museum was named as the “Museum of the history of Ulaanbaatar” with the propose of telling the city’s inhabitants and its guests about the history and development of the capital city. The museum tells the history of the city since 1639. RedHero talks with G. Otchayar, a researcher at the Museum of Ulaanbaatar.