The Winter Palace of the Bogd Khan is located in southern Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, on the road to Zaisan. It is now a museum. The palace is the only one left from originally four residences of the eighth Jebtsundamba Khutughtu, who was later proclaimed Bogd Khan, or emperor of Mongolia. Built between 1893 and 1903, the Chinese style complex includes six temples, each one of them contains Buddhist artwork, including sculpture and thangka. It is one of the few Mongolian historical attractions which have neither been destroyed by the Soviets or the Communist Mongolians. On display are many of the Bogd Khan’s possessions, such as his throne and bed, his collection of art and stuffed animals, his ornate ceremonial ger, a pair of ceremonial boots given to the Khan by Russian Tsar Nicholas II, and also a jewelled regalia worn by the Bogd Khan’s pet elephant. RedHero interviews O.Mendsaikhan, Director of The Winter Palace of the Bogd Khan.